Commander mPd 1.4m BNF Basic w/AS3X & SAFE Select
Click to find out more about our points program and save big!
Click to find out more about our low price promise
Commander mPd 1.4m BNF Basic with AS3X & SAFE Select
The E-flite® Commander mPd® 1.4m now includes the updates and upgrades you want most! It’s 3S and 4S compatible, features metal-geared servos and the benefits of Smart technology — making it a perfect everyday sport model for a wide variety of pilots.
A collaboration between veteran RC aircraft designer David Payne and Aircraft Studio Design founder Mirco Pecorari, the original Commander mPd® 1.4m blended classic lines with modern influences for a one-of-a-kind sport flying experience. It's now updated and upgraded for more power and better control, and to include the benefits of Smart technology — making it more capable and fun to fly than before!
The new brushless power system features a 45-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart Lite ESC plus a specially-tuned motor to deliver an abundance of thrust with a 3S LiPo battery, or more speed and unlimited vertical performance with a 4S battery. Control response, with stronger, more precise metal-geared servos, is so smooth and predictable that anyone moving up from a trainer will feel comfortable right away.
The BNF® Basic version includes an AR631 receiver to deliver real-time telemetry data along with AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies. With these advantages and more, the Commander mPd 1.4m is the perfect next step, first low wing, or everyday sport model for a wide variety of pilots!
David Payne and Mirco Pecorari drew from many full-scale and model aviation influences when designing the Commander mPd® 1.4m sport airplane. They wanted it to stand out from the crowd while having the pilot-friendly flight characteristics of traditional sport planes. This updated and upgraded version is all that and more! Easy to take off, fly, and land, it's the perfect "next step" after a trainer. In the hands of experienced pilots, it's also capable of higher speeds and high-energy aerobatics.
The 3S and 4S compatible brushless power system, combined with a light wing loading plus factory-installed metal-geared servos and flaps, gives the Commander mPd 1.4m a wide flight envelope. It's smooth and predictable, with power to spare for performing rolling circles, knife-edge flight, and beyond.
While you fly, the exclusive Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart Lite ESC can provide a variety of real-time power system related telemetry data including motor RPM, current, battery voltage and more – with Smart and non-Smart batteries – via compatible receivers (including the Bind-N-Fly® Basic version's AR631) and Spektrum AirWare™ equipped transmitters.
An innovative Hands-Free Servo Connection System automatically plugs in the aileron and flap servo connectors when you install the two-piece wing with just 4 bolts. The Commander mPd 1.4m arrives factory-finished in an exclusive Aircraft Studio Design trim scheme and requires no glue for assembly. That means you can have it ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery!
- Updated and upgraded for more power, better control, plus Smart technology to make it more capable and fun fly than ever before
- Incredibly unique and visionary design by Mirco Pecorari and David Payne (mPd) for classic looks plus modern performance
- Easy to take off, fly and land, making it a perfect "next step" after a trainer and an excellent "everyday" model
- Specially tuned motor compatible with 3S and 4S batteries without the need for modifications or upgrades
- Popular 3S and 4S 2200–3200mAh batteries deliver excellent performance and flight times
- 45-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart Lite ESC provides real-time battery voltage, current, RPM and other data via compatible receivers and transmitters
- Compatible with the Spektrum DXS transmitter included with many of the most popular E-flite® and HobbyZone® trainer airplane models
- Spektrum AR631 receiver with fly-by range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Easier to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Six durable, precise and higher torque metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages
- Functional flaps for shorter takeoffs/landings and improved slow-speed performance
- Two-piece wing with convenient hands-free connections for easy storage/transport
- Factory-finished in a vibrant trim scheme by Aircraft Studio Design
- Lightweight yet durable composite-reinforced EPO construction
- Fast and easy assembly – no glue and only 8 screws required
In The Box:
(1) E-flite® Commander mPd® 1.4m
(1) Spektrum™AR631 6-Channel Receiver (installed)
(1) Spektrum Avian™ 45A Brushless Smart Lite ESC (installed)
(1) Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
(6) Metal-Geared Sub-Micro Servos (installed)
(1) Product Manual
Needed to Complete:
(1) Full-range 5–6+ Channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® Compatible Transmitter
(1) 3S 11.1V or 4S 14.8V 2200–3200mAh LiPo with EC3™ or IC3® Connector
(1) Compatible LiPo Charger
|Recommended Motor Battery:||3S 11.1V or 4S 14.8V 2200–3200mAh LiPo with EC3™ or IC3® Connector (sold separately)|
|Product Weight:||62 oz (1770g) w/o Battery; 70.55 oz (2000g) w/4S 2200mAh Battery|
|Motor Type:||Brushless - Outrunner|
|Technology:||Smart, AS3X and SAFE|
|Product Length:||45" (1143 mm)|
|Minimum Required Radio:||Full-Range 5–6+ Channel DSMX®/DSM2® (sold separately)|
|Approximate Assembly Time:||Less Than One Hour|
|Wingspan:||55.12" (1400 mm)|
|Skill Level:||Level 2|
|Trim Scheme Colors:||Blue / White|