40-Size Wood Floats
Click to find out more about our points program and save big!
Click to find out more about our low price promise
The new Hangar 9 40-size wooden floats (HAN4015) take you from the pavement to the pond in just minutes— enabling consumers to take off and land using land or water. These floats are designed specifically for the Hangar 9 40-size J-3 Cubs and include all necessary parts for mounting them on the Cub. The Hangar 9 40-size J-3 Cub comes as an ARF (HAN4000), a PNP complete with an Evolution .46NT engine and servos (HAN4025), and an ARF+ with an E-flite Power 46 Brushless Outrunner installed (HAN4350). The 40-size wooden floats are also adaptable to a variety of 40- and 50-size planes.
Hangar 9’s 40-size wooden floats kit includes prebent and assembled chrome-finished wire struts, expertly built wooden floats with a fuelproof, waterproof finish and a layer of fiberglass for added durability, a brass rudder, and all the necessary connecting and mounting hardware. By adding a single servo, you can also control the included water rudder. Floats can be built and flown without the water rudder.
The 40-size wooden floats are part of Hangar 9’s complete line of top-quality aircraft and accessories. Our Ready-To-Fly (RTF), Almost-Ready-to-Fly (ARF), Progressive Trainer System (PTS™) and Plug-N-Play® (PNP®) trainer, performance and scale airplanes are engineered and crafted to exacting standards and feature the finest components and materials, such as our exclusive UltraCote® covering.
- Lightweight wood float construction has fiberglass skin applied to bottom for added durability
- Unique float-mounted steering servo design
- Factory built and covered with genuine Hangar 9 UltraCote®
- Designed for easy installation, accurate alignment and performance
- Scale matchup to Hangar 9 J-3 Cubs
- Fit most 40- to 50-size airplanes
- All hardware included
Needed To Complete
NEEDED TO COMPLETE OPTIONAL WATER RUDDER
• Standard Servo ST 47 (JSP20050) or JR 537 (JRPS537)
• Six inch Y-harness (JSP98020)
• Mounting a charge jack in the bottom of the fuselage will allow for a simple watertight connection of the float mounted water rudder servo (ERN147 for JR)