F18 Hornet 80mm EDF BNF Basic
Click to find out more about our points program and save big!
Click to find out more about our low price promise
F-18 Hornet 80mm EDF BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select
Designed by McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing) and Northrop, the F/A-18 Hornet is used by the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps as both a fighter and an attack platform. Air forces of several other nations fly the F-18 as well. This replica has been modeled after the F/A-18D two-seat variant, operated primarily by the U.S. Marine Corps in night attack and Forward Air Controller (Airborne) [FAC(A)] roles. The trim and color scheme are taken from the U.S. Marine All-Weather Fighter Attack Squadron 242 – the "Bats" – based in Iwakuni, Japan.
An all-new design for experienced RC pilots, the E-flite® F-18 Hornet 80mm EDF provides an exceptional flying experience highlighted by an abundance of Extra Scale details and functional scale features including factory-installed LED lights, full-flying stabs, operational flaps and more!
The E-flite® F-18 Hornet 80mm EDF features an all-new design with the size, scale details, functional features and performance to deliver an unmatched flying experience. With 6S LiPo power its V2 12-blade 80mm fan, high-RPM brushless inrunner motor and 100A ESC deliver fantastic performance with virtually instantaneous throttle response. This power system also provides better performance and longer flight times than the 6S-compatible power systems used in larger models — plus it offers a turbine-like sound!
An abundance of Extra Scale details including molded-in panel lines and hatches, removable ordnance and drop tanks, a pilot figure and more take the appearance to another level. Functional Extra Scale features include LED navigation lights, full-flying stabs and operational flaps, plus retracts and sequenced gear doors. It's also equipped with the most scale-like landing gear of any F-18 EDF model yet, and the shock-absorbing, trailing-link struts are painted white for an even more realistic appearance. Constructed of durable, fully-molded EPO material, no glue is required for assembly and it can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery!
What's in the Box?
(1) E-flite® F-18 80mm EDF
(1) 100A Brushless ESC (installed)
(1) Brushless Inrunner Motor (installed)
(10) Metal-Geared Servos (installed)
(1) Spektrum™ AR636 6-Channel Receiver (installed)
Needed for Completion:
• Full-range 6-7+ channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® compatible transmitter
• 6S 22.2V 4000–7000mAh 30+C LiPo with EC5™ or IC5™ Connector
• Compatible LiPo charger
• The best handling high-performance F-18 EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) jet model yet
• Scale replica of the iconic aircraft flown by the U.S. Navy, Marine Corps and other forces
• Extra Scale details including removable ordnance and tanks, painted landing gear, molded-in panel lines and more
• Functional Extra Scale features including LED lights, full-flying stabs, flaps, main and nose gear doors
• V2 12-blade 80mm fan delivers excellent top speed and vertical performance plus turbine-like sound
• Factory-installed, high-power 6S-compatible brushless inrunner motor and 100-amp ESC
• Fits a wide range of 6S batteries from 4000-7000mAh to deliver class-leading flight times
• Spektrum™ AR636 6-channel receiver with industry-leading 2.4GHz DSMX® technology
• Easier to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
• The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
• Ten factory-installed metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages
• Electric retracts with scale painted shock-absorbing, trailing-link struts
• No glue required for assembly and can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery
• Two-piece wing that bolts into place and a magnetically secured nose cone
• Convenient top hatch with clear canopy, cockpit detail and a pilot figure
• Factory-applied VMFA(AW)-242 "Bats" squadron finish
• Extremely durable, fully molded EPO airframe