Click to find out more about our points program and save big!
Click to find out more about our low price promise
Bat R/C Kit
The Bat is simplicity and excitement all at the same time. It is based off a 1970's World Engines kit and is a lot of fun to fly alone. But it's ton's of fun to fly in groups. Thanks to precision laser-cutting, and the low parts count, this allows you to completely assemble the airframe in just a few hours.
Between the twin fins, there is an expansive internal area to allow in the installation of a variety of radio gear, as well as batteries (or fuel tank). This is all accessible via three hatches - the two servo hatches and a center hatch with a quick-release latch setup.
Parts are included to build the Bat with either an electric or glow powerplant. And it's one of the few designs in our lineup where you can overpower a little it without too much extra work.
You can have great fun with the recommended power systems, but as long as you keep a good eye on the C.G. (and lateral balance) you can strap on a little more power and streak through the skies. Obviously some common sense needs to be applied here, but the structure is strong and can withstand a little overpowering with no problems.
- A Retro Flying Wing Flying the Bat is a blast to fly alone. Tons of fun to fly in groups!
- Low Parts Count When using CA, the low parts count allows you to assemble in just a few hours.
- Battery/Fuel Hatch Held in place with thumbscrew, this hatch gives you easy access to batteries or fuel.
- Premium USA Hardware Included in each Old School Model Works kit is a premium hardware package. We only source our hardware from brand-name, USA manufacturers to guarantee the best quality.
Needed for Completion:
• 3 channel radio and servos (elevon mixing is needed, so a radio with mixing is needed)
• Engine/Motor mount & mounting hardware
• Pushrods (two 6” for elevons, one 8” for throttle if glow powered)
• Clevises for the pushrods (6 if electric, 8 if glow)
All Old School Model Works kits feature:
Precision Laser-cut Parts
Included in every Old School Model Works kit are all the wing ribs, fuselage formers, and other wood needed to build the aircraft.
We've engineered each kit to give you the best chance of success. Each laser-cut part interlocks with the next for an accurate and secure joint.
Each of our kits contains a set of rolled plans, never folded. They are full-size, highly detailed, and computer-drawn for accuracy.
A step by step manual with plenty of photo illustrations is included in each kit. We also provide links to online, clear, hi-rez photos for each step.
|Wing Area:||360 square inches|
|Length (airframe only):||10.45" (glow), 11.5" (electric)|
|Weight:||22-28 ounces (RTF)|