Dual SWG Mount w/High Precision Encoder: HE29EC
Click to find out more about our points program and save big!
Click to find out more about our low price promise
iOptron HAE29EC GoTo Alt-Az/Equatorial Mount with High-Precision Encoder and iPolar Scope
The HAE29EC GoTo Alt-Az/Equatorial Mount with High-Precision Encoder and iPolar Scope from iOptron weighs just 8 lb, yet has a payload capability of 29.7 lb, without needing a cumbersome counterweight or shaft. The HAE29EC features a high-precision RA axis encoder that delivers incredible tracking accuracy, enough that many will choose to image without guiding.
Utilizing strain wave drive technology for RA and DEC movement, the HAE29EC delivers unparalleled weight to payload efficiency. Its black anodized, all-metal CNC machined body is a rugged platform that will perform at the highest level for many years to come. Unique features such as an electronic friction break and power-down memory allow the mount safely stop and resume a GoTo slew or continue tracking even after an abrupt power loss (no need to realign and start from the beginning).
The HAE29EC mount can be controlled by a computer, either via ASCOM/Commander for a Windows PC or a third-party INDI driver for macOS software; a smartphone/tablet via iOptron Commander Lite or an app like SkySafari; or a Raspberry Pi device via INDI driver.
- Advanced strain wave gear technology
- Payload capacity of 29.7 lb
- CNC-machined metal housing
- Unique friction brake to safely stop movement if power is interrupted
- 360-second gear period
- Go2Nova hand controller with 212,000 object database
- High-precision encoder with real-time PEC (RPEC)
- iPolar electronic polar scope for easy and accurate polar alignment
- Customer cable management system ready
- Dual saddle (Vixen and Losmandy-D styles)
- Built-in zero position search and locator
- Power down position and location memory
- Integrated ST-4 auto-guiding port
- Built-in Wi-Fi (via hand controller)
- USB port for firmware upgrade and computer control
|Mount Type:||Alt-Azimuth/German Equatorial|
|Payload Capacity:||40 lb / 18.1 kg (with Counterweight)
29.7 lb / 13.5 kg (without Counterweight)
|Counterweight:||10.0 lb / 4.5 kg|
|Operating Temperature:||-4 to 104°F / -20 to 40°C|
|AC Input Power:||100 to 240 VAC, 50 / 60 Hz|
|DC Input Power:||12 VDC at 5 A|
|Mounting:||To Tripod/Base: Dual Losmandy-/Vixen-Type Saddle|
|Weight:||8.15 lb / 3.7 kg|
|Package Weight:||13.18 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH):||15.2 x 13.2 x 7"|