Focke-Wulf Fw 190A 1.5m BNF Basic with Smart
Click to find out more about our points program and save big!
Click to find out more about our low price promise
Focke-Wulf Fw 190A 1.5m Smart BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select
World War II Germany's Focke-Wulf Fw 190A featured a relatively simple design that placed a large radial engine into the narrow fuselage of a small, single-seat fighter. After the "Butcher Bird" took its first flight on June 1, 1939, its effectiveness in air superiority, interception, ground attack and bombing roles led many Luftwaffe pilot to happily trade their Messerschmitt Bf 109s for the new warbird.
This first-ever E-flite® Focke-Wulf model is based on a full-scale replica once owned by the late Rudy Frasca. Painted with the wartime markings of Austrian Luftwaffe pilot Oskar Bosch, the replica has been flown in west coast airshows and at the National Air Races in Reno. The E-flite Fw 190A 1.5m stands apart from all other RC model versions by delivering superior Extra Scale details, functional features and performance in a larger size, while being easy to assemble, transport and store. It's also equipped with a Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC to deliver a warbird experience unlike any other!
This E-flite® Focke-Wulf is also the most detailed, best handling and highest performance RC model of the Axis warbird yet! The Fw 190A 1.5m is larger than most other models of the famous fighter, yet it's easy to assemble — and to transport and store thanks to its unique 3-piece wing design because the center section includes the main gear and the outer panels simply snap into place securely without requiring fasteners.
The factory-installed brushless power system with its large-diameter, 3-bladed propeller uses common 6S 3200-7000mAh batteries to deliver better-than-scale, 80+ MPH level flight speeds and nearly unlimited vertical performance. It also has more authentic details than most similar class and smaller models. The durable, composite-reinforced airframe includes molded-in panel lines and guns, a removable drop tank and even more Extra Scale details.
Functional Extra Scale features — such as LED navigation lights, split flaps and control surfaces with pocket hinges — take the experience to another level. Besides adding realism, the wide-spaced main gear with factory-installed electric retracts, durable metal components and scale-like length, shock-absorbing struts make it possible to fly from a wide variety of surfaces, including paved runways and grass.
Best of all a wide range of pilots, even those with limited warbird experienced, can enjoy flying this model — especially the BNF® Basic version that includes exclusive AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies. The BNF Basic comes with an AR637TA receiver that takes full advantage of the Spektrum™ Avian™ ESC's Smart technology to deliver full-range, real-time battery voltage, current draw, motor RPM and other telemetry data to compatible transmitters. And it all adds up to deliver a warbird flying experience unlike any other with the finest Focke-Wulf yet!
- The most detailed, best handling and highest performance large-scale Fw 190A model yet
- Scale replica of the iconic aircraft flown by the German Luftwaffe during World War II
- Extra Scale details including a removable drop tank, molded-in panel lines, guns and much more
- Functional Extra Scale features including LED navigation lights, retractable main gear, split flaps and more
- Factory-installed, high-power 6S-compatible brushless motor with large diameter 3-blade prop and simulated engine fan
- Fits 6S batteries from 3200-7000mAh to deliver level flight top speeds up to 80+ MPH and nearly unlimited vertical performance
- 100-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC provides real-time battery voltage, current, motor RPM and other data via compatible receivers and transmitter
- Spektrum™ AR637TA receiver with full-range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Easy to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Six factory-installed servos with precise ball-link equipped linkages
- Ball-bearing equipped wheels with treaded tires for added scale appearance
- Retractable main gear with scale-like length, shock-absorbing struts for operation from a variety of surfaces including grass
- Unique 3-piece wing includes center section with main gear plus outer panels that snap into place without fasteners
- No glue required for assembly and can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery
- Factory-applied trim scheme modeled after the replica Fw 190 previously owned by Rudy Frasca
- Large top hatch for fast and easy access to the battery compartment
- Durable EPO airframe with carbon fiber and wood reinforcement
In The Box:
(1) E-flite® Focke-Wulf Fw 190A 1.5m
(1) 100A Spektrum™ Avian™ Brushless Smart ESC (installed)
(1) Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
(6) Servos (installed)
(1) Spektrum™ AR637TA 6-Channel Receiver (installed)
(1) Product Manual
Needed to Complete:
(1) Full-range 6–7+ channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® compatible transmitter
(1) 6S 22.2V 3200–7000mAh LiPo with EC5™ or IC5® Connector
(1) Compatible LiPo charger
|Approximate Assembly Time:
|Less than 1 hour
|CG (Center of Gravity):
|3.7 - 4.3" (95mm - 110mm) from inner gun mount on LE
|Minimum Required Radio:
|50.6" (1285 mm)
|6.5lbs. w/o batt (2943g), 7.9lbs (3625 g) w/6S 5000mAh 30C
|15" (381 mm)
|Recommended Motor Battery:
|6S 5000mAh 30C
|59.5" (1511 mm