T-28 Trojan 1.1m BNF Basic
Click to find out more about our points program and save big!
Click to find out more about our low price promise
T-28 Trojan 1.1m BNF Basic
Introduced as a ParkZone® model more than a decade ago, the T-28 Trojan 1.1m quickly became a favorite of low-time to experienced pilots alike! It had the scale looks of the North American Aviation T-28 Trojan used as a trainer by the Navy from 1952 to 1984, yet flew better than most sport RC models because of its incredible handling with no bad habits.
The model's simplicity, durability, and easy handling made it especially popular with low-time pilots moving up to their first sport, low wing or warbird model after mastering a trainer. Plus, the convenient size allowed it to be flown at large parks and sports fields and transported easily without disassembly.
Now the T-28 has been updated and upgraded to be more powerful, more capable, and more fun to fly than ever before! Stronger and reinforced parts combine with the more powerful 3S and 4S compatible power system featuring a telemetry-capable ESC to deliver higher speeds and higher energy aerobatic performance — while offering the same slow and scale-like, sport flying and easy handling capabilities the original was always known for.
Updated and upgraded, including a fully-painted, high-visibility trim scheme, the E-flite® T-28 Trojan 1.1m reaffirms its status as an excellent "next step" model for low-time pilots who have mastered a trainer and are looking for their first low-wing, sport or warbird model — while expanding its performance for experienced pilots with higher speed and higher energy aerobatic capabilities!
With a common 3S 1800–2200mAh LiPo battery, the brushless power system featuring a specially-tuned motor delivers plenty of thrust and speed for low-time to intermediate pilots. Or, install a 4S battery for more speed and unlimited vertical performance without modifications or upgrades! Four servos and linkages are factory-installed for full aerobatic capability to perform loops, rolls, knife-edge, inverted flying, and more.
The composite-reinforced EPO airframe includes stronger parts to handle the higher speeds and additional aerobatic capabilities, and for improved durability overall. Final assembly is fast and easy, no glue required, and the T-28 fits into almost any vehicle fully assembled — or the wing can be removed for even easier transport and storage. Any traditional RC flying field with paved, dirt or grass surfaces makes a suitable flying site, although skilled pilots can fly in smaller areas such as large parks or sports fields.
The T-28 is inherently stable like the full-scale trainer platform, but the BNF® Basic version, featuring a Spektrum™ AR631 receiver, gives low-time and intermediate pilots the added benefits of exclusive AS3X® and optional-use SAFE® Select stabilization technologies. Best of all the ESC included with both versions is telemetry-capable to deliver real-time battery voltage, current, motor RPM, and other data via compatible receivers (including the AR631 included with the BNF Basic version) and Spektrum™ AirWare™ equipped transmitters. And it all adds up to offer improved scale-like and sport flying, higher speed and higher energy aerobatic capabilities to deliver a sport scale flying experience you simply can't get anywhere else!
- Updated and upgraded to offer improved scale-like and sport flying, higher speed and higher energy aerobatic capabilities
- Easy to take off, fly and land, making it a perfect "next step" after a trainer, an excellent first scale or low-wing model
- Specially tuned motor compatible with 3S and 4S batteries without the need for modifications or upgrades
- Popular 3S and 4S 1800–2200mAh batteries deliver excellent performance and flight times
- 30A telemetry-capable ESC provides real-time battery voltage, current, motor RPM and other data (via compatible receivers and transmitters)
- Spektrum™ AR631 receiver with fly-by range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Easy to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- 4-channel control with four (4) factory-installed servos and linkages for full aerobatic capability
- Stronger motor mount, nose gear steering arm, and wing spar for added reinforcement
- Lightweight yet durable composite-reinforced EPO construction
- Factory-finished in a fully-painted, high-visibility trim scheme
- Fast and easy assembly – no glue required
In The Box:
(1) E-flite® T-28 Trojan 1.1m
(1) Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
(1) 30A Brushless ESC (installed)
(4) Servos (installed)
(1) Spektrum™ AR631 6-Channel Receiver (installed) (BNF® Basic version only)
(1) Product Manual
Needed to Complete:
(1) Full-range 5+ channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® compatible transmitter
(1) 3S 11.1V or 4S 14.8V 1800–2200mAh LiPo with EC3™ or IC3® Connector
(1) Compatible LiPo charger
|More Capable||More Powerful|
|The lightweight yet durable composite-reinforced EPO airframe has been updated to handle more power, higher speeds and higher energy aerobatics. A stronger motor mount and nose gear steering arm, plus a new spar to better reinforce the wing, combine to make the T-28 Trojan 1.1m more capable than ever before.||The factory-installed brushless power system features a 30-amp telemetry-capable ESC plus a specially-tuned motor to deliver an abundance of thrust with a 3S LiPo battery, or more speed and unlimited vertical performance with a 4S battery without the need for any modifications or upgrades.|
|The T-28 Trojan 1.1m is equipped with an ESC that can provide a variety of real-time power system related telemetry data including motor RPM, current, battery voltage and more via compatible receivers (including the AR631 installed in the BNF® Basic version) and Spektrum™ AirWare™ equipped transmitters (including the DX6e and 8e, DX6 G2/G3 and 8 G2, the DX9, the NX6, 8 and 10, the iX12, iX20 and others) while you fly.||No glue is required for final assembly, and you can have the T-28 Trojan 1.1m ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery! And although it's conveniently sized to fit fully assembled in just about any vehicle, you can also remove the wing for even easier storage and transport.|
|Completion Level:||Bind-N-Fly Basic|
|Landing Gear:||Fixed, tricycle type|
|Minimum Required Radio:||5-channel|
|Minimum Speed Control:||30A|
|Product Length:||36" (914 mm)|
|Product Weight:||1080g (38oz) with 4S battery, 855g (30oz) without battery|
|Propeller Size:||9.5" (241 mm)|
|Recommended Motor Battery:||4S 2200mA 30C LiPo|
|Skill Level:||Level 2|
|Steering:||Steerable nose gear|
|Technology:||AS3X and SAFE|
|Trim Scheme Colors:||Yellow and black|
|Wing Area:||314 sq. in. (20.3 sq. dm)|
|Wingspan:||44" (1118 mm)|