1/10 Hoss, 4x4, VXL (Requires battery & charger): Green & Blue
Click to find out more about our points program and save big!
Click to find out more about our low price promise
Traxxas 1/10 Hoss 4X4 VXL MT w/TSM, Green
The all-new Hoss 4X4 VXL unleashes extreme monster truck fun with the power and speed only Traxxas can deliver. Grab a fistful of throttle and the huge Velineon 540XL motor delivers a massive torque punch to wheelie on command, and then keeps pouring on the thrust for a 60+ MPH top speed.
The Torque Biasing Center Drive and heavy-duty shaft-driven 4WD system transfers maximum power to the ultra-aggressive Sledgehammer™ tires. It’s built to absolutely shred any terrain, from dirt and sand to mud and snow. Pitch Hoss hard and fast into a turn and Traxxas Stability Management goes to work behind the scenes to help keep you solidly on track while you’re blazing new trails.
Non-stop fun and performance always come first, so Hoss stays true to the Traxxas heritage of rugged strength and durability which is engineered into every component. Drive harder, go faster, hang tougher— Nothing stops the Hoss!Features:
- 540XL Torque - For those who believe “there’s no replacement for displacement,” Traxxas has built a monster truck for you. The new Hoss 4X4 VXL packs the same Velineon 540XL brushless motor found in the Maxx extreme monster truck. It’s the largest motor we’ve ever offered in a truck this size. The Velineon VXL-3s speed control rolls out the power smoothly utilizing large 6.5 mm connectors and an integrated cooling fan for fast, reliable fun.
- Extreme Sledgehammer Grip - The Hoss VXL 4X4 relies on huge Sledgehammer tires to put its massive torque to the ground. The 5.3-inch tall Sledgehammers lift the Hoss skyward for superior ground clearance and a menacing stance. The open-block tread design clears away mud and debris for unrivaled traction on loose surfaces. Sledgehammer tires come pre-glued with performance foam inserts and they’re TSM-rated for speeds of 60mph and beyond!
- Rock-Solid Drivetrain - A conventional 4-wheel drive system may work for your average RC truck, but average isn’t in the Traxxas vocabulary. We pored over every inch of the Hoss’ drivetrain, strengthening critical areas to handle the 540XL’s immense power. A Torque-Biasing Center Drive outfitted with a steel spur gear replaces a traditional slipper clutch along with a tough aluminum center driveshaft and beefed-up extreme-duty axles. The resulting Hoss drivetrain is a model of both efficiency and brute strength.
Tough reinforced bumpers protect the chassis against impacts. The specially designed front bumper provides a high approach angle that allows the Hoss to climb up and over obstacles with ease. The rear bumper mounts a perfectly positioned wheelie bar to help prevent the Hoss 4X4 VXL from back-flipping under its explosive power.
Hoss 4X4's aggressive monster truck ProGraphix" body comes trimmed and pre-painted with the decals already applied. Tough internal reinforcements maintain the body's integrity while roof skids provide rollover protection to keep the body looking fresh.
Large 5.3" Sledgehammer tires combine excellent ground clearance with true mud-slinging fun. The open-block tread design claws into gravel, dirt, and grass for sure-footed 4X4 traction on nearly any surface. The heavy-duty rubber compound is specially formulated to resist tearing and bonds exceptionally well to the aggressive black chrome wheels.
Hoss' clipless ProGraphix® body mounts on specially designed shock towers. The easy-to-use latch unlocks instantly with the quick swipe of a thumb and locks again with a noticeable detent to let you know it's securely fastened.
The Hoss 4X4's modular design creates a chassis that's both strong and easy to maintain. The front and rear bulkheads remove easily with just a few screws. In less than a minute using a power screwdriver, you'll have full access for easy service and adjustment.
Molded from our toughest composite material, Hoss' heavy-duty suspension arms provide just the right amount of flex to resist breaking—even in cold weather! From skate parks to 10-foot ramps, these heavy-duty arms stand up to even the most punishing drivers for non-stop fun behind the wheel.
Oil-filled Ultra Shocks utilize dual X-ring technology for a perfect seal and silky-smooth performance. The large oil capacity and rugged design soaks up big jumps and off-road abuse for smooth driving performance. They are easy to tune with a wide range of available oils, springs, and pistons.
The TQi 2.4GHz receiver stores up to thirty Traxxas Link“ enabled transmitters in memory. Integrated telemetry ports allow real-time data to transmit from your Traxxas model to the TQi transmitter. In the event of signal loss, the receiver automatically returns the throttle to neutral and holds the last steering position.
The Hoss incorporates a waterproof receiver box in the nose of the chassis to save weight and provide a clean, high-tech appearance. The antenna and servo wires route neatly through a patented watertight seal to protect the receiver from water. No matter what the weather, Hoss 4X4 VXL is ready for action!
A dual-bellcrank design pivots on rubber-sealed ball bearings for smooth action in the harshest conditions. The integrated cam-type servo saver protects the servo gears from crash impacts without sacrificing steering precision.
The Hoss' extreme speed and tall Sledgehammer tires require a steering servo that's both strong and durable. The waterproof 2075 digital high servo provides robust steering authority with ball bearings for precise control and quick reflexes.
The waterproof Velineon VXL-3s speed control is packed with technology to deliver maximum power. Large heat sink, integrated on/off switch, and three programmable drive profiles top the feature list. Two-stage low voltage detection allows full LiPo compatibility, including powerful 11.1- volt 3S packs!
A rugged battery hold-down secures the battery safely in the chassis without flimsy straps or clips to lose. A beefed up latch provides solid locking action to keep batteries safe no matter how wild the action gets.
Rugged side nerf bars protect the chassis from rocks and other impacts. Special channels in the nerf bars support the sides of the body for a tighter, more secure fit.
A sensorless Velineon 540XL 2400 kV motor delivers extreme performance with nearly zero maintenance. Ultra high-temperature Neodymium magnets, high-speed bearings, and a precision, 4-pole balanced rotor deliver smooth running and long life.
Fixed gear adapters take the guesswork out of setting your gear mesh. The fixed positioning keeps the gear mesh tight, even after the harshest landings. The innovative motor mount keeps the 540XL motor locked firmly in place with just a single screw for easy maintenance.
Hoss 4X4 uses the same heavy-duty steel 4mm turnbuckles developed for the Slash 4X4. Broad flat sections make toe and camber adjustments easy with the included wrench. The fully captured rod ends take a beating and won't pop apart during rigorous off-road pounding.
The Hoss' extreme heavy-duty driveshafts are modeled after the legendary Slash 4X4, but are beefed up in critical areas for even more outrageous power handling. The larger diameter half shafts offer the same articulation and suspension travel, but are rated for even more tire- shredding torque.
Heavy-duty front and rear oil-filled differentials utilize steel-gear internals for maximum durability. Silicone gaskets and X-ring seals allow you to tune the amount of locking action by varying the viscosity of the fluid inside the differentials.
A one-piece extruded aluminum driveshaft is both strong and lightweight. Internal splines fit directly onto the input shafts of the front and rear drive assemblies. Altogether, this shaft runs straight and true for ultra-smooth driveline operation.
Designed from the start to handle big brushless horsepower, Hoss 4X4 VXL's driveline uses a rugged steel spur gear with large 0.8 module/32-pitch teeth for reliability no matter how much power you pour on.
Maximizing speed requires as little friction as possible. Hoss 4X4 rides on precision rubber-sealed bearings for super low-friction performance and maximum protection in dusty environments. They are used throughout the truck and are virtually maintenance free.
- VXL-3s™ Waterproof Electronic Speed Control
- Cooling fan with large heat sink
- Three Programmable Drive Profiles:
- Sport Mode - Forward / Brake / Reverse
- Race Mode - Forward / Brake
- Training Mode™ - 50% Forward / Brake / 50% Reverse (patented)
- Traxxas EZ-Set® one-button setup
- Built-in two-stage low-voltage detection for LiPo batteries
- NiMH battery packs: 4-9 cells (4.8 to 10.8 volts)
- LiPo battery packs: 2-3 cells (7.4 to 11.1 volts)
- Velineon® 540XL Brushless Motor
- Long-format brushless motor
- 4-pole 2400 kV
- 5mm output shaft
- Precision-balanced rotor
- Brilliant blue-anodized finish
- Up to 60+ mph with 3S LiPo battery
- Traxxas Stability Management® (TSM)
- Improves straight line acceleration and braking on low-traction surfaces
- Maintains steering composure to allow throttle-on powerslides
- Never dulls throttle or slows the truck
- Adjusts from off to 100% assistance from the transmitter
- TQi™ 2.4GHz High Output Radio System
- TQi 2-channel transmitter
- Automatically stores and loads settings for up to 30 Traxxas Link-enabled models
- Programmable multi-function knob
- Adjustable steering and throttle percentage (dual rates)
- Adjustable steering and throttle sensitivity (exponential)
- Adjustable steering and throttle end points
- 5-channel micro receiver (#6533) with fail-safe security
- Patented waterproof receiver box with easy-access plug
- Clipless ProGraphix® Body
- Easy one-handed removal
- Reinforced inner cage
- Strong oversized latch
- Rugged roof rollover protector
- Tailgate protector
- Modular composite tub design
- Secure battery hold-down latch
- Reinforced integrated wheelie bar
- High-approach bumpers
- Integrated nerf bars for side impact resistance
- Adjustable 4mm steel toe and camber links
- New impact-resistant suspension arm composite
- Oil-filled Ultra Shocks
- Rugged front and rear shock towers
- White powder-coated springs
- Chassis-mounted #2075 servo
- Dual bellcrank design with integrated servo saver
- Full-time shaft-driven 4-wheel drive
- Torque-Biasing Center Drive™ absorbs shocks and distributes power evenly
- Extreme heavy-duty driveshafts
- Oil-filled steel gear front and rear differentials
- Large 32-pitch steel spur gear
- Anodized-aluminum center driveshaft
- Wheels and Tires
- Large 2.8” black chrome wheels
- Tall 5.3” Sledgehammer™ tires
- Sealed Ball Bearings
- Hex hardware with Rust-Resistant Black Oxide Coating
The following products could help or might be needed with this product.
The following products could help or might be needed with this product.