9.25" Edge HD W CGEM ll
Click to find out more about our points program and save big!
Click to find out more about our low price promise
Celestron CGEM ll 925 Edge HD Telescope
CGEM II 925 HD combines Celestron's newly redesigned CGEM II computerized equatorial mount with its acclaimed EdgeHD optical system. With over 9 inches of aperture and our premium StarBright XLT coatings, the CGEM II 925 HD gives you over 1000 times the light gathering power than the unaided eye. Designed to give diffraction limited performance and offer more resolution than the 800 with less weight than the 1100, the CGEM II 925 HD is a premier astroimaging telescope.
OPTICAL TUBE INFO
See the Universe in HD
EdgeHD is an aplanatic, flat field Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope that produces aberration-free images across a wide visual and photographic field of view. The optical system was designed to reduce more than just off-axis star coma; it also provides an astrograph-quality flat focal plane all the way to the edge of the field of view.
True Astrograph Quality
Many optical designs that advertise themselves as "astrographs" actually only produce pinpoint stars across a curved focal plane. While this may be acceptable for some visual observing, stars will appear out of focus at the edge when used with the flat chip sensor of a digital camera. EdgeHD optics produce a focal plane more than three-times flatter than a standard Schmidt-Cassegrain telescope and dramatically flatter than competing coma-free designs. This guarantees you visibly sharp stars across some of the largest CCD chips available today.
Superior edge performance not only creates rounder, more pleasing stars, but actually improves the resolution and limiting magnitude when compared to telescopes of equal aperture. With Celestron’s StarBright XLT optical coatings on every surface, EdgeHD optics gives you maximum light throughput across the widest visual and photographic spectrum.
In addition to EdgeHD’s optimized optical design, the telescope tube has been redesigned to make sure you get the most from your optics each and every night.
- Mirror clutches - Flexible tension clutches hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift when taking long exposure astro-images. Once focused, the flexible rods allow the mirror to be held in place without putting any force or pressure on the mirror assembly, keeping the image centered in the eyepiece (or on the sensor).
- Tube vents - Cooling vents located on the rear cell allow hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror. Each vent has an integrated 50-mesh filter guaranteed to let warm air out without letting dust in.
- Fastar versatility - EdgeHD is the most versatile imaging telescope available today. At its native f/10, you can achieve the image scale necessary to capture the smallest of deep sky objects. A Barlow gives you added power for high-resolution planetary, lunar and solar imaging. All EdgeHD optical tubes are Fastar-compatible, allowing the secondary mirror to be removed and replaced with a third party lens accessory for ultra-fast f/2 wide field imaging.
Every EdgeHD that ships has been tested not only for the surface quality of each optical component, but also with a camera and artificial star to ensure the imaging system meets our rigid quality assurance. This "final acceptance test” confirms the EdgeHD will perform in the field and deliver high-quality astroimages.
A fresh update to the venerable CGEM mount, the CGEM II has a fresh, attractive, bold appearance and is capable of carrying Celestron’s higher-end SCT optical tubes (up to 11") securely and vibration free, which is ideal for both imaging and visual observing. Capable of holding 40 lbs. of payload and slewing at 5° per second, you will be able to instantly point to any of the celestial objects in the database.
CGEM II was designed to be ergonomically friendly with large Altitude and Azimuth adjustment knobs for quick and easy polar alignment adjustment. The internal RA and DEC motor wiring provides a clean look and an easy and trouble free set up.
The CGEM II series features Celestron’s innovative Polar alignment procedure called All-Star™. All-Star allows users to choose any bright star, while the software calculates and assists with polar alignment. Another great feature of the CGEM II sure to please astroimagers, is the Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PEC) which will allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors, while the mount retains the PEC recordings.
For objects near the Meridian (imaginary line passing from North to South), the CGEM II will track well past the Meridian for uninterrupted imaging through the most ideal part of the sky. The CGEM II mount has a robust database with over 40,000 objects, 100 user defined programmable objects and enhanced information on over 200 objects. Celestron's CGEM II mount is the perfect fit between the Advanced Series and CGE Series. Offering the portability of the Advanced Series and the precision of the CGE.
- EdgeHD aplanatic, flat field SCT optics for pinpoint stars to the edge of the largest imaging sensors and widest eyepieces. Lightweight and portable.
- Aluminum optical tube with tube vents featuring an integrated 50-micron mesh filter allows hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror. Mirror support knobs hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift during imaging.
- Versatile design accommodates 3 focal ratios: native f/10, f/7 with the addition of a focal reducer, or ultra-fast f/2 imaging with a removable secondary mirror and third-party accessories.
- 40 lbs payload capacity
- Dual-fit Vixen/CG-5 and Losmandy/CGE dovetail saddle
- 2" steel legs with height index marks for quick leveling
- USB 2.0 port on hand control for direct links to a PC via ASCOM supported software.
- 40,000 object database with over 100 user-definable objects and expanded information on over 200 objects
- Internal cabling throughout for worry-free remote operation
- Low cog DC Servo motor with integrated optical encoders offer smooth, quiet operation
- Able to track past the meridian allowing seamless imaging
- Permanent periodic error corrections allow users to train out the worm gears periodic errors once, while the mount retains the PEC recordings.
- Software Features include: Mount Calibration, Database Filter Limits, Hibernate, five Alignment Procedures, and user-defined slew limits
- Built-in polar alignment program to polar align on any star in the sky
- Longer clutch levers to make tightening and loosening of clutches easier
- Custom database lists of all the most famous deep-sky objects by name and catalog number
- Solar System alignment method allows to view the moon and planets during the day
- Permanent Programmable Periodic Error Correction (PEC) corrects periodic tracking errors inherent to all worm drives
- Custom Rate 9 feature allows to set maximum slew rate
- Tandem mode allows to star align the mount even when positioned for tandem scope use
- USB hand control to control the telescope via a personal computer
- Includes NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of telescope via computer
- Precision machined 40 mm diameter steel Polar shafts supported by multiple tapered roller bearings and ball bearings
- GPS-compatible with optional SkySync GPS Accessory
|OPTICAL TUBE INFO:|
|Focal Length||2350mm (93")|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1||23mm (0.91")|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||102x|
|Star Diagonal||2" with 1.25" adapter|
|Highest Useful Magnification||555x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||34x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||14.4|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.59 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.49 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)||1127x|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction||85mm (3.35")|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter||36%|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area||13%|
|Optical Coatings||StarBright XLT|
|Optical Tube Length||559mm (22")|
|Optical Tube Diameter||271.8mm (10.7")|
|Optical Tube Weight||21 lbs (9.53 kg)|
|Dovetail||CGE Dovetail Bar|
|Mount Type||Computerized Equatorial|
|Instrument load capacity||40 lbs (18 kg)|
|Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod)||1346mm - 1651mm (53" – 65")|
|Tripod Leg Diameter||50.8mm (2") Steel tripod with graduated markings on lower section|
|Latitude adjustment range||15° - 70°|
|Mount Head Weight||40 lbs (18.14 kg)|
|Tripod Weight||20 lbs (9 kg)|
|Weight of Counterweights||1 x 17 lbs | 1 x 11 lbs|
|Slew Speeds||9 slew speeds - max speed 4.5°/second|
|Tracking Rates||Sidereal, Solar and Lunar|
|Tracking Modes||EQ North & EQ South|
|Dovetail Compatibility||Dual saddle plates (CG-5 and CGE saddle)|
|Number of Auxiliary ports||2 Aux ports (1x Hand control port and 1x AUX Port for optional accessories)|
|USB Port||Yes, input on Hand Control|
|Power Requirements||12V DC, 3.2 amps|
|Motor Drive||DC servo motors|
|Alignment Procedures||2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, Solar System Align, Last Alignment, Quick Align|
|Periodic Error Correction||Yes|
|Computerized Hand Control||2 line x 18 character backlit Liquid Crystal Display, 19 LED backlit buttons, USB 2.0 port for PC connection|
|NexStar+ Database||40,000+ objects, 100 user defined programmable objects Enhanced information on over 200 objects|
|Software||Celestron's Starry Night Special Edition Software, SkyPortal App|
|Total Kit Weight||99 lbs (45 kg)|
|Included Items||CGEM II Equatorial Head |Tripod | Accessory Tray | 1 x 17 lbs and 1 x 11 lbs counterweights | NexStar+ Hand Control | DC Power Cable (item#18769) | Hand Control Holster|
|California Residents||View Proposition 65 Warning|
What is the heaviest recommend load for mounting a camera in the Fastar / HyperStar configuraton?
We recommend a load of no more than 25 lbs. at 4.2 inches away from the 9.25" Schmidt corrector.