EclipSmart 12x50 Solar Binoculars
Click to find out more about our points program and save big!
Click to find out more about our low price promise
EclipSmart 12x50 Porro Solar Binoculars
The Celestron EclipSmart 12x50mm Solar Porro Binocular is one of the most convenient ways to enjoy safe, detailed, magnified views of the Sun anywhere. This large aperture solar binocular is the perfect grab-and-go option for eclipse chasing, studying sunspots, or simply observing our closest star any day. Best of all, Celestron EclipSmart binoculars feature Solar Safe filter technology, ISO-certified to guarantee you the ultimate protection from harmful solar radiation. Unlike detachable filters, which can be knocked off unexpectedly, EclipSmart Solar Binoculars feature built-in filters embedded in the objective lenses. Enjoy the Sun with confidence, knowing it’s impossible for the filters to become dislodged while you or your loved ones are observing.
Solar Safe Filter Technology
EclipSmart solar products feature ISO-certified Solar Safe filter technology. These filters offer complete protection from harmful solar radiation—including IR and UV light—and also block 99.999% of visible light. Celestron Solar Safe filter technology is GUARANTEED SAFE for direct observation of the Sun and has been independently tested by SAI Global Assurance Services.
Solar Safe products conform to and meet the transmission requirements of ISO 12312-2, Filters for Direct Observation of the Sun, EN 1836:2005 + A1:2007 (E) for an E15 Filter for the Direct Observation of the Sun and AS/NZS 1338.1:2012, Filters for Eye Protectors.
Important safety note:
Inspect your binocular’s objective lens filters before every use. Do not use and discard if damaged, scratched, or separated from the frame in any way.
Crystal Clear View
With its multi-coated optics, the Celestron EclipSmart 12x50mm Solar Binocular delivers high-contrast images of the Sun. These are white-light solar binoculars that provide a clear black-and-white image of the Sun. The 12x50 model also provides a generous field of view, so you can see the complete solar disk without moving the binocular.
A durable, rubber-armored aluminum housing protects your EclipSmart binocular from damage without weighing you down. The binoculars are comfortable to use for eyeglass wearers and non-eyeglass wearers alike, thanks to their durable folding eyecups. Fold them down for safe and effective use with your eyeglasses or keep them unfolded if you don’t wear glasses.
Carry your EclipSmart binocular with the comfortable included strap. The binocular also includes a protective padded nylon case for storage and transport, and protective eyepiece and objective lens covers.
- 2023 - On October 14, 2023, the famed “Ring of Fire” will encircle a darkened Moon during a spectacular annular eclipse. This phenomenon occurs when the Moon is too far from Earth to cover the Sun completely. The Sun's corona is not visible during an annular eclipse.
- 2024 - On April 8, 2024, the Moon will completely cover the Sun during an awe-inspiring Total Solar Eclipse. Observers within the path of totality will witness the sun’s dazzling corona, the “diamond ring” effect, and day turn to night.
- LARGE APERTURE SOLAR BINOCULAR: This dedicated solar binocular offers 12x magnification and large 50mm objective lenses with built-in filters for guaranteed safe, detailed views of the Sun. Perfect for eclipses or any day!
- ISO-CERTIFIED SOLAR SAFE FILTER TECHNOLOGY: Certified to comply with the ISO 12312-2 international safety standard for filters for direct viewing of the Sun. Great for viewing eclipses and sunspots.
- PERMANENTLY ATTACHED FILTERS: Use your solar binoculars with peace of mind, knowing the filter will not be knocked off or accidentally removed.
- MULTI-COATED OPTICS: See details like sunspots clearly with added contrast from Celestron’s optical coatings.
- GENEROUS FIELD OF VIEW: Find the Sun easily and view the entire solar disk at once.
- DURABLE AND RUGGED: Rubber-armored aluminum body stands up to rough handling and harsh conditions.
|Objective Lens Diameter:||50mm (1.97")|
|Angular Field of View:||5°|
|Linear Field of View (@1000 yds) / @1000 m):||261 ft (87 m)|
|Exit Pupil:||3.3mm (0.13")|
|Eye Relief:||12mm (0.47")|
|Interpupillary Distance (max):||72mm (2.83")|
|Interpupillary Distance (min):||56mm (2.20")|
|Diopter Adjustment Range:||-4 to +4|
|Prism Glass (Type):||BK7|
|Weight:||31.5 oz (892 g)|
|Environmental Protection:||Water Resistant|
|Carrying Case:||Padded Soft Cloth|
|Dimensions:||199mm x 65mm x 186mm (7.83" x 2.56" x 7.32")|
|Included Items:||Soft Carry Case
Lens Cleaning Cloth
Quick Setup Guide
|Solar Warning||Only observe the Sun with ISO-certified eye protection, such as the filter found in this EclipSmart product. Never look directly at the Sun with the naked eye or a non-filtered optic. Permanent and irreversible eye damage may result.
Never tamper with or remove the permanently placed glass filters in this optic. Doing so is dangerous and will void your warranty.
Never leave your optic unsupervised. Make sure an adult who is familiar with its correct operating procedures is with your optic at all times, especially when children are present.
Never remove your eye protection when looking directly at the Sun during partial phases of a solar eclipse.