Habu SS 50mm EDF BNF Basic
Click to find out more about our points program and save big!
Click to find out more about our low price promise
Habu SS (Super Sport) 50mm EDF Jet BNF Basic with SAFE Select and AS3X
Based on one of the best first and high-performance EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) sport jet platforms ever designed — the legendary Habu — the E-flite® Habu SS 50mm EDF is the most affordable and convenient version yet, scaled down from the popular Habu STS (Smart Trainer with SAFE®) and SS (Super Sport) 70mm EDFs. It's the first-ever 50mm class model from E-flite, the perfect first-ever EDF for low-time RC pilots making the transition into jet flying, and one of the best-ever everyday sport jets for experienced pilots!
The power system is compatible with extremely common and popular 3S 1300–2200mAh batteries and features a Spektrum™ Avian™ 30-amp Smart Lite ESC. The BNF® Basic version also includes an AR631 receiver that delivers real-time telemetry data along with the benefits of exclusive AS3X® and SAFE Select technologies — making it an ideal "next step" for anyone who has learned to fly successfully with a trainer.The E-flite® Habu SS (Super Sport) 50mm EDF is perfect for low-time to experienced pilots looking for a hassle-free, fun to fly high-performance EDF sport jet. The unique and optimized design of its lightweight yet durable, composite-reinforced EPO airframe improves low-speed handling and slow speed performance to make it one of the easiest to fly jets EVER! Unlike other 50mm class models, it also has a functional rudder for added control and aerobatic capabilities.
Inside, a Spektrum™ Avian™ 30-amp Smart Lite ESC and high-power brushless outrunner motor are ready to drive the 12-blade 50mm fan with a wide range of 3S batteries. Install a 1300mAh battery to keep the weight down, an 1800mAh battery for an excellent blend of performance, or a 2200mAh battery for maximum power delivery and long flight times. With Smart and non-Smart batteries, the ESC can also provide a variety of real-time power system telemetry data including motor RPM, current, battery voltage and more via compatible receivers (including the AR631) and Spektrum AirWare™ equipped transmitters.
Wide-stance tricycle landing gear with a steerable nose wheel offers great ground handling for easier takeoffs and landings on surfaces ranging from paved runways to dirt and even short grass. It's also easy to hand launch and belly land without the landing gear installed. The Habu SS 50mm EDF arrives factory-finished in a high-visibility trim scheme with the power system, servos, and receiver (BNF® Basic version only) factory-installed. You'll be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery!
If you're completely new to flying RC (Radio Controlled) aircraft, we recommend learning to fly with one of our purpose-built trainer aircraft such as the E-flite® Habu STS (Smart Trainer with SAFE) 70mm EDF (EFL01500). It's equipped with exclusive and innovative SAFE® technology that makes it possible for almost anyone to learn to fly successfully!
- A scaled down version of the popular Habu STS and SS 70mm EDFs that's more affordable and convenient for more pilots to fly in more places
- Based on one of the best first and high-performance EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) sport jet platforms ever designed — the legendary Habu
- Unique airframe design delivers incredible low-speed handling and slow speed performance that makes it one of the easiest to fly jets EVER
- Specially tuned brushless motor and 50mm 12-blade fan compatible with extremely common 3S batteries
- Popular and affordable 3S 1300–2200mAh batteries deliver excellent performance and flight times
- 30-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart Lite ESC provides real-time battery voltage, current, RPM and other data via compatible receivers and transmitters
- Optional-use thrust reversing to help shorten rollout after landing and for other special ground handling capabilities
- Compatible with the Spektrum DXS transmitter included with many of the most popular E-flite® and HobbyZone® trainer airplane models
- Spektrum AR631 receiver with fly-by range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Easy to take off, fly and land with optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- 4-channel control including a functional rudder and 4 factory-installed servos for full aerobatic capability
- Includes optional-use fixed landing gear with a steerable nosewheel for improved ground handling
- Easy to hand launch and belly land without the landing gear installed
- Lightweight yet durable composite-reinforced EPO construction
- Factory-finished in a high-visibility trim scheme
- Fast and easy assembly – no glue required
In The Box:
(1) E-flite® Habu SS 50mm EDF
(1) Spektrum™AR631 6-Channel Receiver (installed)
(1) Spektrum Avian™ 30A Brushless Smart Lite ESC (installed)
(1) Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
(4) Servos (installed)
(1) Product Manual
Needed to Complete:
(1) Full-range 4–5+ Channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® Compatible Transmitter
(1) 3S 11.1V 1300–2200mAh LiPo with EC3™ or IC3® Connector
(1) Compatible LiPo Charger
|Recommended Motor Battery:||3S 11.1V 1300–2200mAh LiPo with EC3™ or IC3® Connector (sold separately)|
|Minimum Required Radio:||Full-Range 4 Channel DSMX®/DSM2®|
|Fan Size:||50mm EDF|
|Motor Type:||Brushless - Outrunner|
|Approximate Assembly Time:||Less Than One Hour|
|Product Weight:||20 oz (577g) with 3S 1300mAh LiPo Battery; 15 oz (424g) Without Battery|
|Skill Level:||Level 2 - NS|
|Trim Scheme Colors:||White / Grey / Orange|
|Wingspan:||27.56" (700 mm)|
|Motor Size:||2628-4900Kv Brushless 6-Pole Outrunner|
|Product Length:||30.51" (775 mm)|
|Technology:||Smart, AS3X and SAFE|
The following products could help or might be needed with this product.