P-51D Mustang 1.2m BNF Basic w/AS3X & SS
Click to find out more about our points program and save big!
Click to find out more about our low price promise
P-51D Mustang 1.2m BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select
Out of the gate, the 1941 prototype of the P-51 was impressive. However, trials revealed that the super-sleek machine needed crucial changes to become a true thoroughbred. The magic formula was realized with the P-51D that delivered the performance, weapons and range well-trained pilots could wield to outmatch any challenger of the day.
Even after WWII, thousands of Mustangs remained in service with proud nations around the globe — some until as late as 1980. The E-flite® P-51D Mustang 1.2m replica captures a peak example of the legendary U.S. Army Air Corps fighter that delivers the kind of scale-flight experience that makes enjoying history’s most celebrated fighter more enjoyable than ever.
The E-flite® P-51D Mustang 1.2m scale airplane delivers outstanding warbird appeal whether flying or just standing still. The realistic four-blade propeller, outline and cockpit detail highlight the devoted attention given to pull off a popular subject like the Mustang this well. Its functional flaps feature the precision of independent servo operation while electric retractable main landing gear provides reliability and scale-like movement.
Construction with EPO foam keeps the overall weight low while maintaining a level of durability that makes flying a scale sensation, like this Mustang, practical enough to enjoy every day. The installed power system offers outstanding performance when used with a 3S LiPo battery. Go beyond ballistic and fly with 4S power — no equipment change required. Whether you’re an intermediate or advanced pilot, the P-51D Mustang 1.2m has the detail, the heart-stopping performance and more importantly the flight quality you need to experience what piloting a legendary thoroughbred is all about.
- A well-appointed scale warbird with sporty performance
- Historic WWII 20th Fighter Group trim scheme
- High-Power 3–4S LiPo compatible brushless motor and ESC
- Spektrum™ AR631 6-channel receiver with industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- Stability and precision of AS3X® technology
- Operational flaps with independent servos
- Electric retractable landing gear
- 6-channel control with 6 micro servos installed
- Lightweight and durable EPO foam construction
- Realistic 4-blade propeller and engine exhaust detail
- Painted canopy with a clear view of the pilot and cockpit
- Convenient top-hatch provides easy flight battery access
- Removable wing tanks included
- Easy to complete final assembly
What's in the box?
(1) E-flite® P-51D Mustang 1.2m BNF Basic
(1) Spektrum™ AR631 with AS3X® and SAFE® Select Technologies (installed)
(1) 40A Brushless ESC (installed)
(1) 15-Size Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
(6) 9-Gram Micro Servo (installed)
(1) User Manual
Needed to Complete:
(1) Full-range, 6+ Channel DSMX®/DSM2® transmitter
(1) 2200–3200mAh 3–4S LiPo flight battery with EC3™ or IC3® connector
(1) Suitable LiPo battery charger
|Approximate Assembly Time:||Less than 1 hour|
|CG (Center of Gravity):||3.34" (85mm) +/-3mm back from leading edge of wing measured at the root|
|Completion Level:||Bind-N-Fly Basic|
|Minimum Required Radio:||6+ Channel|
|Product Length:||41.93" (1065 mm)|
|Product Weight:||53.97oz (1530g)|
|Propeller Size:||10.5 x 8, 4-blade|
|Recommended Motor Battery:||2200-3000mAh 3-4S LiPo with EC3 Connector (sold separately)|
|Skill Level:||Level 2|
|Trim Scheme Colors:||Silver, black, white, blue and gray|
|Wingspan:||48" (1219 mm)|