SR-71 Blackbird BNF Basic
Click to find out more about our points program and save big!
Click to find out more about our low price promise
SR-71 Blackbird Twin 40mm EDF BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select
The Lockheed Martin SR-71 “Blackbird” is one of the most unique and iconic aircraft of all time. Developed in the 1960s to fly faster and higher than all other airplanes and missiles of the time, the SR-71 holds world records for sustained altitude (85,069 feet) and speed (2,193.2 mph/Mach 3.3).
With the E-flite® SR-71 Blackbird Twin 40mm EDF, you can own a replica that’s scaled to be practical for more RC pilots to afford and fly! It’s compatible with popular 4S 2200mAh batteries and is equipped with exclusive Spektrum™ AS3X and optional-use SAFE Select technologies to make it the easiest to fly Blackbird yet.
Optional-use fixed landing gear with a steerable nose wheel makes it easy to taxi, takeoff, and land on smooth surfaces, or you can leave the gear off for more speed and vertical performance when flying over grass. Best of all, it arrives factory-finished and nearly ready to fly right out of the box to offer an authentic SR-71 flying experience you can’t get anywhere else!Aviation enthusiasts and RC pilots have dreamed of flying an SR-71 someday, and now the E-flite® SR-71 Blackbird Twin 40mm EDF can make that dream a reality! It arrives mostly factory-assembled and ready to fly right out of the box, including a factory-installed control unit featuring a Spektrum™ receiver equipped with exclusive AS3X® and optional-use SAFE® Select technologies. It’s ready to bind to your 5+ channel DSMX®/DSM2® equipped transmitter, plus you’ll receive real-time telemetry data, including overall battery voltage, current, and more with Smart and non-Smart batteries when using compatible Spektrum radios featuring AirWare™ software.
Twin 40mm fans and brushless outrunner motors are compatible with affordable and common 4S 2200mAh 30+C batteries while delivering an excellent blend of performance and flight times. The fully-molded EPO airframe features panel lines and other scale surface details, along with plastic-reinforced fuselage chines plus composite reinforcements in the nose and throughout to make it extremely durable while also keeping it lightweight. A rubber nose cone with pitot tube and the vertical fins – including an additional set of optional-use red painted fins that offer improved visibility – snap into place for easy removal/replacement.
The fixed landing gear plus steerable nose wheel, featuring tires that replicate the look of the unique aluminum-infused tires used on the full-scale aircraft, make it possible to taxi, takeoff, and land on smooth surfaces. You can also fly without the landing gear installed for more speed and vertical performance while utilizing the molded-in finger grips and automatic Hand Launch Assist Mode for easy hand launching over and landings on grass. Either way, the E-flite SR-71 Blackbird Twin 40mm delivers an incomparable flying experience you simply can’t get with any other RC model!
- An officially-licensed* replica of the world’s fastest and highest-flying manned aircraft that offers a flying experience unlike any other model
- The most affordable, practical and easiest to fly SR-71 EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) jet model yet
- Twin 40mm fans and outrunner motors compatible with popular 4S 2200mAh 30+C batteries
- Real-time overall battery voltage, current and other telemetry data via compatible transmitters
- Spektrum™ receiver with fly-by range telemetry and industry-leading 2.4GHz DSMX® technology
- Easier to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Four factory-installed servos for separate aileron, elevator and nose gear steering control
- Take off from and land on smooth surfaces using the included landing gear plus steerable nose wheel
- Remove the landing gear and utilize the molded-in finger grips plus automatic Hand Launch Assist Mode when flying over grass or other suitable surfaces
- Fully-molded and extremely durable EPO airframe with plastic and composite reinforcements throughout
- Includes an extra set of optional-use, red-painted vertical fins that snap into place for improved visibility
- Almost completely factory-assembled and ready to fly right out of the box
- Factory-applied, fully-painted finish with optional-use “Habu” decal
In The Box:
(1) E-flite® SR-71 Blackbird Twin 40mm EDF
(4) Spektrum Linear Servos (installed)
(2) Spektrum Brushless Outrunner Motors (installed)
(1) Spektrum Control Unit with (1) Receiver and (2) Brushless ESCs (installed)
(1) SR-71 Blackbird Twin 40mm EDF BNF Basic Product Manual
Needed to Complete:
(1) Full-range 5+ Channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® Compatible Transmitter
(1) 4S 14.8V 2200mAh 30+C LiPo with EC3™ or IC3® Connector
(1) Compatible LiPo Charger
|Motor Size:||1820-6800Kv 6-Pole|
|Product Length:||37.6" (955 mm)|
|Completion Level:||Bind-N-Fly Basic|
|Recommended Motor Battery:||14.8V 2200mAh 4S 30C LiPo Battery with IC3 Connector|
|Approximate Assembly Time:||No Assembly Required|
|Minimum Required Radio:||Full-range 5+ Channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® Compatible Transmitter|
|Technology:||AS3X and SAFE|
|Product Weight:||29.4oz (834g) with Recommended Motor Battery|
|Fan Size:||40mm EDF|
|Skill Level:||Level 3|
|Wingspan:||19.88" (505 mm)|