Turbo Timber Evolution 1.5m BNF Basic
Click to find out more about our points program and save big!
Click to find out more about our price match guarantee!
Turbo Timber Evolution 1.5m BNF Basic
Many RC pilots got their first taste of flying a Short Take Off and Landing (STOL) capable airplane with the original E-flite® Timber® 1.5m model. Its friendly handling, nimble sport performance, and takeoff-and-land-almost-anywhere abilities made it one of the most popular RC aircraft of all time — widely acclaimed and highly recommended as a great "next step" after a trainer, as the perfect first STOL-capable aircraft, and as one of the best all-around, fun-to-fly sport models for a wide range of pilots.
Its next evolution, the Turbo Timber® 1.5m, proved even more popular than the original with the addition of metal-geared servos, a 3S and 4S compatible power system, plus a turboprop-styled nose and 3-blade propeller. Now comes the Turbo Timber® Evolution 1.5m, ready to continue the Timber legend with new upgrades that deliver more durability, convenience, and capabilities than ever before — plus a fresh and modern look!
The E-flite® Turbo Timber® Evolution 1.5m has been evolved into the Smartest, most convenient, capable, and durable Timber yet! Popular features from the original Timber are all there: the shock-absorbing landing gear with oversized, tundra-style wheels; optional-use float set and leading edge slats; functional slotted flaps; and an LED lighting system with landing, navigation and strobe lights.
So are the enhancements that gave the Turbo Timber® more performance and capabilities, including a turboprop-styled nose, 3-blade prop and spinner, a more powerful 3S and 4S compatible power system, and a stiffer wing with durable, reliable metal-geared servos. Now the Turbo Timber Evolution 1.5m adds a new top hatch for faster, easier battery changes, plus combined connectors for simpler wing installation and removal. Strengthened landing gear mounts improve the model's durability and STOL capability when flying from rough terrain.
The proven Turbo Timber power system is upgraded with an exclusive Spektrum™ Avian™ 60-amp Smart ESC, and the BNF® Basic version is equipped with an AR637TA receiver to provide full-range, real-time telemetry data including battery voltage, current, motor RPM and more — plus motor reversing for special ground handling and other capabilities — along with the benefits of AS3X® and optional-use SAFE® Select technologies. There's even a fresh, modern trim scheme for the durable, composite-reinforced airframe! The Turbo Timber Evolution 1.5m remains the best "next step", everyday sport and STOL-capable model for a wide range of pilots — only it's now better than ever!
- Evolved with updates and upgrades including Smart electronics to offer new capabilities and telemetry features, added convenience, more durability, plus a fresh and modern look
- The best "next step", everyday sport and STOL capable model for a wide range of pilots
- Incredible Short Takeoff and Landing (STOL) plus sport and aerobatic flight capabilities
- 60-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC provides real-time battery voltage, current, motor RPM and other data, plus reversing capabilities, via compatible receivers and transmitters
- High-power 3S and 4S compatible outrunner motor with 3-blade prop for proven performance
- More convenient top hatch with larger battery compartment to fit 3S 2200mAh to 4S 5000mAh batteries
- Spektrum AR637TA receiver with full-range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Easy to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Combined connectors make installing/removing the wing easier for more convenient storage and transport
- Stronger, reinforced mounts plus shock-absorbing landing gear and oversized wheels/tires
- Optional-use leading edge slats for improved STOL and slow flight performance
- Functional and factory-installed LED landing, navigation and strobe lights
- Includes optional-use floats with steerable rudders for flying from water
- Stiffened wing for improved aileron authority, roll rates and handling
- Lightweight yet durable composite-reinforced EPO construction
- Six durable, factory-installed metal-geared servos and linkages
- Functional slotted flaps for shorter takeoffs and landings
- Bolt-on, two-piece wing with carbon fiber wing joiner
- Fast and easy assembly – no glue required
In The Box:
(1) E-flite® Turbo Timber® Evolution 1.5m
(1) Spektrum™ Avian™ 60A Brushless Smart ESC (installed)
(1) Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
(6) Metal-Geared Servos (installed)
(1) Spektrum AR637TA 6-Channel Receiver (installed)
(1) Set of Optional-Use Leading Edge Slats
(1) Set of Optional-Use Floats
(1) Product Manual
Needed to Complete:
(1) Full-range 6–7+ Channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® Compatible Transmitter
(1) 3S 11.1V or 4S 14.8V 2200–5000mAh LiPo with EC3™ or IC3® Connector
(1) Compatible LiPo charger
(1) LiPo Safe Charging Bag
|Approximate Assembly Time:||Less than 1 hour|
|Battery Type:||LiPo (3.7V per cell)|
|CG (Center of Gravity):||2.4" (60mm) +/- 0.20" (5mm) from leading edge of wing measured at fuselage|
|Completion Level:||Bind-N-Fly Basic|
|Landing Gear:||2pc sprung main landing gear with steerable tailwheel|
|Minimum Required Radio:||6-channel|
|Motor Size:||10 size, 800Kv|
|Product Length:||40.9" (1039 mm)|
|Product Weight:||54 - 60oz (1.53 - 1.7kg)|
|Propeller Size:||11x7.5 3-blade|
|Skill Level:||Level 2|
|Technology:||AS3X and SAFE|
|Wing Area:||559.5 sq in (36.1 sq dm)|
|Wingspan:||61" (1549 mm)|