Viper 90mm EDF Jet BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select, 1400mm
Click to find out more about our points program and save big!
Click to find out more about our price match guarantee!
Viper 90mm EDF Jet BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Select, 1400mm
The full-scale Viper was designed to offer fighter-jet looks and performance along with the stability of a low-wing sport airplane so more pilots could enjoy flying a jet. The E-flite® Viper 90mm EDF Jet model follows suit, both in its appearance and how it delivers the widest flight envelope possible — whether you've flown many jets before or even if it's your first large-scale jet model.
We scaled up the extremely popular Viper 70mm EDF to create the first 90mm EDF powered and largest jet from E-flite® yet! This larger version delivers the same excellent speed, vertical performance and aerobatic capabilities, plus it's still easy to take off, fly and land – especially when equipped with the exclusive AS3X® and optional-use SAFE® Select technologies included with the BNF® Basic version. It's the perfect large-scale EDF choice for low-time and experienced jet pilots alike!
The E-flite® Viper 90mm EDF Jet is the Smartest, best handling, and easiest to fly large-scale model of the popular jet yet! It's a scale jet that flies smoothly and handles like a sport airplane — yet is also capable of incredible aerobatics and top speeds! But what truly sets it apart is how easy it is to take off, fly, and land, which makes it the BEST choice for a first large-scale jet model.
Assembly is fast and simple, with no glue required. The lightweight, composite-reinforced EPO airframe is factory-finished in the now iconic Aircraft Studio Design trim scheme from the popular 70mm model. And the eight factory-installed digital, metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages, plus control surfaces with pinned hinges, deliver crisp and precise control at every speed. Functional features include flaps, LED landing and navigation lights, and electric retracts with shock-absorbing, trailing-link struts on the nose and main gear so you can fly from grass and other surfaces with ease.
The BNF® Basic version includes a 12-blade 90mm fan, powerful 6S-compatible brushless inrunner motor, and a 130-amp Avian™ Smart ESC that all work together with the expertly optimized ducting to deliver an abundance of speed and thrust plus a turbine-like sound. With this power system, the Viper 90mm is capable of level flight tops speeds up to 120+ MPH and offers great vertical performance with 6S 4000mAh to 7000mAh batteries. It's also equipped with a factory-installed Spektrum™ AR637TA receiver featuring exclusive AS3X® and optional-use SAFE® Select technologies.
When using compatible transmitters, the receiver and Smart ESC supply battery voltage, current, motor RPM and other telemetry data in real-time — along with optional-use motor reversing to shorten rollouts after landing and for other special ground handling capabilities. An ARF Plus version is also available for pilots who prefer to install their own choice of ducted fan unit, motor and ESC. Either way, for low-time to experienced jet pilots this model delivers a large-scale EDF experience unlike any other!
- The Smartest, best handling and easiest to fly large scale Viper EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) model yet
- A scale jet model with incredibly smooth sport airplane handling and amazing aerobatic capability
- The best choice for a first large-scale EDF jet model because it's easy to take off, fly and land
- Extremely wide performance envelope and speed range, capable of top speeds up to 120+ MPH
- Functional features including LED navigation and landing lights, nose gear door and flaps
- Reliable electric retracts with shock-absorbing, trailing-link struts for grass and other field operation
- Expertly engineered and optimized ducting for incredibly efficient performance without "cheater" holes
- 12-blade 90mm fan delivers excellent top speed and vertical performance plus turbine-like sound
- Factory-installed, high-power 6S-compatible 3670-1950Kv brushless inrunner motor and 130-amp ESC
- 130-amp Spektrum Avian™ Smart ESC provides real-time battery voltage, motor RPM and other data, plus reversing capabilities, via compatible receivers and transmitters
- Fits a wide range of 6S batteries from 4000-7000mAh, or up to two 6S 3200-5000mAh batteries in parallel (or series for ARF Plus version), to deliver class-leading flight times and performance
- Spektrum™ AR637TA receiver with full-range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Easy to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Eight factory-installed digital, metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages and control surfaces with pinned hinges
- Removable/replaceable winglets, plastic capped nose and intake ducts for added durability
- No glue required for assembly and can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery
- Two-piece wing with convenient V2 hands-free connections for easy storage and transport
- Large and convenient top hatch with clear canopy, cockpit detail and pilot figure
- Extremely durable, fully molded and composite-reinforced EPO airframe
- Unique and highly visible trim scheme by Aircraft Studio Design
In The Box:
(1) E-flite® Viper 90mm EDF Jet
(1) Spektrum™ Avian™ 130A Brushless Smart ESC (installed)
(1) Brushless Inrunner Motor (installed)
(1) 90mm EDF unit (installed)
(8) Digital, Metal-Geared Servos (installed)
(1) Spektrum AR637TA 6-Channel Receiver (installed)
Needed to Complete:
(1) Full-range 6 Channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® Compatible Transmitter for Basic Functionality
(1) Full-range 7 Channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® Compatible Transmitter for SAFE Select Functionality
(1) Full-range 8+ Channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® Compatible Transmitter for Full Functionality Including Motor Reversing
(1) 6S 22.2V 4000–7000+mAh 30+C LiPo with EC5™ or IC5® Connector
(1) Compatible LiPo Charger
(1) LiPo Safe Charging Bag
|Approximate Assembly Time:||Less than 1 Hour|
|Completion Level:||Bind-N-Fly Basic|
|Fan Size:||90mm EDF|
|Motor Size:||3670 - 1950Kv Brushless Inrunner (installed)|
|Product Length:||50.43" (1281 mm)|
|Product Weight:||115oz (3257g) w/Battery, 89oz (2522g) w/o Battery|
|Skill Level:||Level 2|
|Technology:||Smart, AS3X and SAFE|
|Trim Scheme Colors:||White / Red|
|Wingspan:||55.12" (1400 mm)|